- The sciatic nerve is associated with back pain, which is also the longest nerve in human body, experiences the pain from the lower back down through the leg.
- Sciatica pain generally decreases on its own within two months.
- There are different effective ways to treat, of which massage is highly effective in treating the pain of sciatica.
- Alternative treatments sciatica patients try are consulting a physiotherapist, doctor or a chiropractor. According to a survey, the massage therapy patients reported better functioning and less pain.
- In fact, more than a third of them said their pain was completely or nearly gone. Dr. Daniel Cherwin of the Center for Health Studies in Seattle concluded “Massage does help a significant chunk of people who have not benefited from other treatments.”
Carpal Tunnel Massage:-
- Carpal Tunnel Massage is a therapy used in such cases where patients experience pain, lack of sensation or prickly feeling in their wrists or hands known as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Carpal tunnel massage helps patients feel better in other areas as well.
Massage and Cancer:-
- Therapeutically Massage proves very helpful in dealing with the effects of cancer treatment such as nausea and fatigue.
- While facing cancer, patients might feel as if they’ve lost control of their health.
- But, patients dealing with cancer in the bones or diseases like osteoporosis, should make sure to alert their therapist to use light pressure.
Shin splints massage:-
- According to WebMD 13% of the root cause of all running injuries is what we say Shin splints and are also responsible for pain that last longer for even months.
- Sports like basketball, tennis, running events or any related sport that include repetitive starts and stops cause shin splints resulting in slight swelling and tenderness in the lower leg.
Massage for TMJ:-
- The Mayo Clinic suggests that most of the pain related with the TMJ (the temporomandibular joint on either side of the head, where the skull and lower jawbone meet) can be cured without surgery.
- Consistent massage techniques can help cure jaw injury, arthritis or tired jaws by continuously crushing or tightening of the teeth.
Rotator Cuff Massage:-
- Rotator cuff are the muscles and ligaments that keep the arm bone in the shoulder socket and also connect the upper arm with the shoulder blade.
- Massaging and stretching the muscles, can help encourage blood flow to any affected area.
- This improves in better movement, keeps the muscles looser making them less prone to strain, avoiding rotator cuff injury.
- Massage is a healing tool for patients with congenital scoliosis present since birth, neuromuscular scoliosis affected by muscular weakness or disease, or functional scoliosis begun by injury, posture, muscle spasms or body damages.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy gently eases tightness in muscles and joints, which can improve flexibility and lessen strain.
- Diabetes Massage as the name says cures Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics by the relaxing massages.
- Regular massage helps move blood through narrow areas of the body, flushing lactic acid from your muscles and promoting more oxygen-rich blood to flow in.
- Whiplash massage is useful for those dealing with car accidents, it also affects sportspersons people who get struck by a falling object.
- Muscles bearing head jerks backward or forward, this impact burdens the sternocleidomastoid (SCM) muscles.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy is a mild massage that provides relief to headaches and neck injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage often lessens the pain after one session only.
- More focused Deep Muscle Therapy is effective for continuous neck and back pain.
- Gout is known as a rich man’s disease it can be hereditary or it affects to people who eat excessive quantity of food and alcohol.
- Increasing levels of uric acid in blood can develop sharp urate crystals in the joints and tissues resulting in frequent attacks in the big toe, foot ankle, knee, elbow, wrist, hands or fingers causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout massage helps keeping the muscles and tissue strong and healthy covering which our professional therapists are experienced in the types of massage that keep your muscles and tissue surrounding the affected area strong and healthy.
Massage for Insomnia:-
- Insomnia is lack of sleep. Massage therapy increases relaxation, eases pain and nervousness, which helps restore human sleep pattern.
- Massage promotes deep sleep which releases serotonin, known as the body’s biological production of anti-pain chemicals.
- “Aroma Therapy massage with lavender and essential oils is extremely helpful in inducing a good night’s peaceful sleep.
MS and Massage:-
- People with MS go through symptoms such as tension, gloominess, and effects on their sensory nerves. Massage helps in secreting body’s natural pain killer –serotonin.
- It improves deep sleep, lessens pain and enhances relaxation. Less stress more sleep.
- Asthma patients find deep breathing very tough in certain problematic situations.
- Here Asthma massage comes very handy as it helps in relaxing the accessory respiratory muscles which are used in breathing.
- For children, a pre-bedtime massage relaxes the child and increases air flow if done regularly every night for a month.
- In adults massage helps strengthening the chest muscles which increases blood circulation and pulmonary function.
- Using Aromatherapy massage with lavender helps in relaxing and reducing the symptoms of Asthma.
Restless Leg Syndrome Massage:-
- The main reason behind Restless Leg Syndrome is poor blood circulation according to The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- In this syndrome massage improves blood circulation as pressure is provided in order to help move blood through the narrow areas.
- Releasing that pressure makes new blood flow in, which improves circulation of the lymph fluid that removes metabolic waste from the muscles and internal organs.
- Osteoporosis is a bone –thinning disease also known as THE SILENT THIEF.
- Bones become very brittle and fragile and so it is a disease of the skeletal system.
- Osteoporosis massage gives relaxation, promotes blood circulation and the lymphatic fluid which carries toxins away from the internal organs.
- Removal of metabolic wastes makes the body healthy and capable of dealing osteoporosis problems.
Breast Cancer Massage:-
- Massage therapy is the most effective therapy in breast cancer patients.
- It helps in dealing with lessened feelings of depression, lessened anxiety and overall they need less pain medicines.
- Massage also increases immune system-boosting white blood cells and increase in dopamine –associated to a sense of well-being.
Cerebral Palsy Massage:-
- Cerebral Palsy is a disorder mainly caused by brain injury that can change with age.
- Both in children and adults, massage therapy is a boon.
- Massage also lifts the natural levels of serotonin and oxytocin also with mood-stimulating endorphins.
- Bursitis is irritation of the fluid-filled sac which pillows the area where ligaments or muscles meet bones or skin.
- It causes sensitivity and pain around the affected joint, sense of difficulty while moving, redness, warmth and soreness in the area.
- Swedish Relaxation Massage helps lessen muscle toxins and stress hormones while improving blood circulation, mobility and reduction.
Fibromyalgia: Management Through Massage:-
- In Fibromyalgia the patient suffers from changing in mood, chronic pain, fatigue, memory problems.
- This problems is mainly noticed in women compared to men, which is actually a syndrome rather than calling it a disease.
- Luckily this syndrome does not have threats to life and even does not damage muscles or any joints.
- To get relief from this syndrome low – impact exercises is carried out to the people that give them relief.
Migraines: Management Through Massage:-
- Migraine is such problem that occurs with severe pain in head along with nausea.
- Sometimes in migraine for few other complications are also noticed such as sensory warning sign, such as flashes of light, blind spots or tingling in your arm or leg.
- Two of the root causes which only can be recovered by massage are stress and hypertension that ultimately lead to migraine.
- When we talk about therapy that is practiced by therapist it highly depends on the level of migraine and may follow Reflexology therapy to cure migraine.
Arthritis: Management Through Massage:-
- One of the most common form of disability in the world is “Arthritis” that decreases quality of lifestyle and costs us hard enough to repay back and hence it has no cure.
- It is found that half of Americans from 46 million people in America have noticed that arthritis limits their regular activities.
- In one research by the Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami School of Medicine found that consistent massage therapy resulted in lowering of anxiety, reduced pain, and improved grip strength for those with arthritis.
- Back pain is very common nowadays in many people.
- If we survey then we find that most people search for back massage than for any other.
- We all know that our back consists of many hard working muscles and ligaments that distributes pain and strain to different areas in our entire life.
- Massage therapy benefits to improve muscle spasms which occur when our rib or thoracic joints lose mobility, ultimately helping joints to function better.
- Massage for back pain provides greater flexibility, and improves body’s range of motion.
- Ever noticed that our hands consists of more than a dozen bones that’s exactly 27, that are connected with many bones and those bones are connected with many joints.
- Even if we don’t spend hours upon hours typing, doing embroidery, writing, knitting, building a boat in a bottle, or other work that requires a lot from our hands, therapeutic hand massage techniques can be effective in soothing pain as well as increasing our range of motion.
- So it is important to have regular massage for hands and fingers to keep them working smoothly. Therapeutic hand massage improves our psychological mood and even reduces stress to get better sleep with relaxation.
- Shoulder is one of the most important body part as we do many activities like lifting, throwing, pulling and many other similar activities where there is involvement of hands and arms requires shoulder mobility.
- Shoulder pain is so frequent that almost everyone thinks it’s a necessary burden.
- It is very difficult to move arms if the shoulders are dislocated.
- Shoulder massage is one of the most influential technique of improving range of motion.
- By regular shoulder massage therapy it prevents future strains and similar problems related to arms.
Neck Pain Massage:-
- One study done by U.S. National Institute of Health Statistics stated that 15% of Americans have trouble of neck pain.
- This pain is caused due to continuous leaning over keyboard or work table.
- Posture is the key factor here. To get relief from neck pain massage therapy is the best technique. Elaine Calenda of the Boulder College of Massage Therapy stated that massaging of neck itself worsens symptoms very first but through smooth massage of the back, arms, legs and chest results in lowering of neck pain.
- It is fact that our knees bear the entire body of the body and not necessary to respond well as always.
- Osteoarthritis often is burden for adults because their cartilage that perform as the shock absorber for joints slowly and gradually begin to wear down.
- In spite of Total Knee Replacement surgery has become common but as a side effect stiffness still prevails to many.
- Knee massage therapy has surprising results in breaking down scar tissue which improves the recovery process.
- Myofascial pain is very different syndrome from the regular muscle soreness caused by extra challenging workouts and is ongoing.
- It is known that pain is being sent from sensitive areas known as trigger points in certain muscles or connective tissues to other unrelated areas of the body.
- This pain is equal both in men and women though women suffer more of fibromyalgia than men.
- Myofascial massage includes gentle traction, pressure and positioning our joints in different angles to create a natural stretch.
Frozen Shoulder Massage:-
- Sometimes we might notice that it becomes difficult to lift our arms or put our arms around friends for party that signs of adhesive capsulitis.
- One thing is true for frozen shoulder is it does not last longer for a year or two years.
- Regular massage therapy helps to increase range of motion and flexibility.
Tennis Elbow Massage:-
- Playing tennis or other similar games where the arm movements are repetitive then it may put strain on our tendon and also put stress on muscles leading to tiny tears in our connective tissues.
- Tennis elbow makes it very hard to do even simple activities like holding a pen, writing, lift our hand.
- The point where tendons connect to your outside elbow bone becomes painful and tender, and the pain might extend into your wrist or upper arm.
Massage for Tendinitis:-
- Each time we bend or stretch, our tendons go into action.
- Too much action can result in tendinitis or tendonitis, the inflammation which is caused by repetitive motion as well as by aging and injuries that tear your muscle fibers.
- While tendinitis usually goes away within a month, continued use of the joint can result in chronic tendinitis.
- Massage can help provide relief before that happens, regardless of whether your tendinitis is caused by overuse or other factors.
Massage during Menstruation:-
- Women during menstruation experience pain, endometriosis and dysmenorrhea but with regular massage found themselves relieved.
- The studies found that it not only relieved them from pain but its positive effect increased over the next six weeks.
- The women receiving massage showed a decrease in anxiety, depression and perceived pain, as well as other PMS symptoms.
- While massage can increase menstrual flow because of improved blood circulation, it can also have a positive effect on other aspects of menstruation.
Muscle Spasm Massage:-
- The problem of Muscle spasms or cramps usually caught in surprising manner.
- A spasm that vanishes quickly is harmless, but prolonged muscle contraction leads to a painful cramp.
- Involuntary spasms can happen in your neck, back, hands, arms, thighs, abdomen and rib cage muscles, but the most common muscle cramps are in the feet and calves.
- It is found that many medications, dehydration and overexertion causes muscle cramps. Stretching exercise is always good method to follow.
Massage for Depression:-
- Depression is the most common problem in today’s competitive world where people also fight with other serious syndromes.
- Cortisol is the body’s response to stress, and massage therapy lowers it by as much as 50%.
- At the same time, massage provides many benefits and can also increase the levels of serotonin and dopamine, which are both neurotransmitters that help stabilize your mood.
Massage for Anxiety:-
- Massage plays very important role in eliminating anxiety from one’s life.
- “Massage therapy can be effective for a variety of conditions, including arthritis, lower back pain, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, circulatory problems and recovery from a sports injury.”
- The human body was designed to respond to danger, such as an attack by wild beasts, by either fleeing or fighting.
- Both those actions require extra levels of cortisol, known as the “stress hormone,” which suppresses the immune system and increases blood sugar levels to keep our muscles ready for fight or flight.
- But since most of today’s problems don’t involve wild beasts, sustaining higher cortisol levels can lead to digestive problems, headaches and insomnia.
- When your body is relaxed, your nervous system responds with a lower heart rate and improved breathing.
- Deep sleep becomes easier to achieve, because your muscles remember the sensation vividly enough to recreate it at home, which enables you to enjoy a healthier life.