No! Fibromyalgia is not just “in your head”.
Beyond the widespread pain and fatigue, individuals having fibromyalgia often tend to feel isolated and misunderstood. If you are tired of trying every other alternative to managing your fibro, here’s your go-to guide. Despite the fact that this invisible disease is daunting and likely connected to an abnormal brain function, it is unfortunate that fibromyalgia is not talked about much.
Considering this, here is a guide that lists the basics of fibromyalgia. By the end of this guide, a new fibromyalgia treatment method is awaiting you that is worth testing.
‘Fibromyalgia is a commonly occurring neurological health problem that leads to sensitivity to touch and pain over a large portion of the body. These are irregular and periodic that trigger certain events.’
There are no particular tests that can diagnose fibromyalgia. This condition can only be diagnosed through intensive examination including X-rays and lab tests to exclude other health issues.
Although the root cause of Fibromyalgia is not known, Rheumatology states that fibromyalgia is a potential issue with the central pain processing/ CNS (Central Nervous System) in the human brain. Consequently, either the sensitivity increases or the insight of pain elevates leading to a certain unusual trigger.
Furthermore, there are several risk factors including,
- Monotonous injuries
- Any event that triggers physical as well as emotional well-being. Example: Accident
- CNS (Central Nervous System) Problems
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Prolonged psychology stress
Generally, individuals having prior muscle, joint, or bone disorders/issues are more prone to fibromyalgia.
As a result, each of these triggers the nervous system thus accentuating and multiplying the tiniest amount of pain into an oversensitive and huge pain.
|Note: At times, it can be hereditary because of a certain set of genes that lead to considerable health problems that further trigger fibromyalgia. However, note that fibromyalgia itself is not a genetic disorder.|
Ideally, the primary symptoms include,
- Widespread pain: It all starts with a dull ache over a large section of the body that generally lasts for a maximum of three months. As the pain is widespread, it occurs on both sides of the body, including the upper and lower waist.
- Fatigue: Individuals having fibromyalgia wake up tired despite sleeping for long periods. Ideally, the sleep schedule worsens with the aggravating pain. As a result, patients catch other sleeping disorders like apnea and restless legs syndrome.
- Cognitive Disorders: This disorder is referred to as fibro fog/brain fog wherein the patient undergoes cognitive difficulties including disturbed focus, memory lapse, difficulty concentrating, and inability to pay attention.
Fibromyalgia coexist with several conditions like,
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- All types of headaches including migraine
- Temporomandibular joint disorders(TMJ)
- Interstitial cystitis
- Painful bladder syndrome
- Numb and tingling hand and feet
- Postural Tachycardia Syndrome
Fibromyalgia is a quality-of-life disease. While on one hand it is known that fibromyalgia has no considerable cure, medical science has introduced two brilliant ways to treat fibromyalgia.
Although Medications have always been an excellent first aid, it does not eliminate the core complication of the issue. Drugs act as a temporary pain reliever and hence need to be consumed at regular intervals for a considerable period. In the worst cases, patients are even recommended to consume medicines for the rest of their lives.
As a result, they get over-dependent on medicines. Not only is the situation heartbreaking but the long-term effects of continuous drug consumption can give rise to other major issues.
Most of these drugs help induce change in the levels of some brain chemicals like serotonin and norepinephrine.
- Antidepressant drugs have been found to help several patients. Although the pain felt in the fibromyalgia points decreases, it is for a limited period.
- Drugs help alleviate pain. However, they have their set of side effects. While some result in building up resistance to pain( that can be more harmful in the long term), some are ineffective and expensive. The fun fact here is, patients start depending on the drugs for a longer period.
2. Non-Drug Therapies
Non-Drug Therapies are an excellent alternative to medications. Several studies state how physical exercise is proven to be the most effective treatment to eliminate pain. Among all, Yoga and Tai Chi have been found highly beneficial in the case of fibromyalgia patients.
Another therapy includes Behavior Modification Therapy. It is a form of CBT(Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) that helps alleviate stress, pain, and negative behavioural approaches, besides improving mindful behaviours. BMT involves brilliant relaxation exercises and new coping skills.
This might look like more of a negative exaggeration of medications and non-drug therapies. However, several reviews state why patients should stop over-consumption of drugs. Besides being effective in relieving pain to an extent, the long-term adverse effects caused by them are daunting. As a result, this was a concern raised by multiple patients and hence came a concept of modern physiotherapy, i.e TENS Physiotherapy Machine. These machines are user-friendly, portable, and cost-efficient considering the other treatment methods for fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Treatment by Modern Physiotherapy Machine
Modern physiotherapy machines are the most efficient form of treating fibromyalgia. Because the pain can occur at any point of the day, it can be challenging for patients to travel down to clinics for immediate Physiotherapy. In such cases, these machines are designed into small-sized, digital, and smart devices that are a go-to method for dealing with fibromyalgia.
One such portable device is the TENS machine (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). This machine is a battery-operated device that provides sound treatment at home without the need to visit clinics.
The Mechanism Of Unit
This unit is devised to activate minute electrical impulses in the form of tiny electric shocks via sticky pads. These sticky pads/electrodes are set/placed at certain areas of pain on the body.
The electrical impulses restore certain nerves that lead to sensitivity and trigger pain. The impulses are transmitted to the nervous system, which reduces the transmission of pain receptors to the central nervous system(Brain and Spinal Cord). Usually, this process leads to the production of endorphins.
In fact, endorphins are known as the natural pain relievers of the human body. Consequently, this helps in lowering the pain in a huge amount.
- This machine employs a non-invasive method.
- This machine is non-addictive
- Using a physiotherapy machine causes zero side effects unlike the medicinal treatment for fibromyalgia
- This Modern Physiotherapy Equipment is portable. This facilitates the use of the machine at any point in time
- They are small-sized, digital, and smart, and user-friendly devices
- Modern physiotherapy Equipment are endowed with rechargeable batteries that do not need electricity
- This unit is quite economical as compared to its counterparts if we consider long-term advantages
Now that you know the incredible benefits of modern Physiotherapy, what are you waiting for? Besides being feasible, this device is certified and highly recommended by all healthcare professionals, doctors, specialists, physiotherapists, and pharmacists across the globe.
If you wish to treat your fibromyalgia sitting right back on your couch at home, this dual-channelled UltraCare Pro unit is your answer. Reach out to the leading manufacturers of TENS Machine at UltraCare PRO and go get yours at the most efficient, reasonable, and affordable prices today!