Summer is here and some of you might have already packed your bags for a long vacation. Although the excitement of taking a break from daily routine is high and fresh, the idea of going out in summer can make one feel lethargic because summer season means blazing heat, sweating, sunburns, dryness, skin problems and much more.
The beach gateways, ice-creams, juicy fruits, as much cool and fun things the season of summer brings along, it can also equally cause problems from head to toe, inside-out, if you don’t follow some of the summer care tips which are listed out below. Let’s see how you can give care to each.
Summer tips for health
To survive summer you need to stay healthy for which you must follow these summer health tips;
- Hydrate as much as you can. Sweat and heat can make you dehydrated. Hence, keep sipping water even if not thirsty. You can add some fruits or veggies and infuse it for some flavour.
- Stick to your workout. Yes, summertime is exhausting but don’t let the rising temperatures prevent you from staying fit. Avoid outdoor activities and workout indoors.
- Chill out in the water. Go swimming or join water aerobics.
- Replace snacks with fresh and juicy fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, pears, mangoes, berries, papayas etc or munch on salads.
Summer beauty tips
The scorching heat of summer can damage your skin and hair to a great extent, to avoid that;
- Don’t step out without applying a layer of sunscreen. Choose a sunscreen that has UVA and UVB products and comes in SPF 30 and SPF 70 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Reapply it every 1-2 hours if you going to be under the sun for a long time.
- Not just winters, even summers can cause the skin to dry up. Hence, exfoliate gently to remove the dead cells and use a light moisturizer to keep it soft and fresh.
- Follow the summer skincare routine of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, hydrating, and moisturizing.
- Sweating makes hair smelly. Shampoo and condition it well twice a week.
- Minimize the use of hairdryers, straighteners and other heating products.
- Apply cool face packs suitable to your skin using cucumber, Fuller’s earth, curd etc.
- Avoid oily and fried food as it will lead to pimple and acne breakouts.
Summer makeup tips
- Avoid heavy and cakey makeup. Use a foundation that doesn’t melt away with your sweat.
- Spray rose water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Use waterproof eyeliner, nude lipstick to avoid the smudging and smearing.
Summer safety tips
- Avoid stepping out in between 10 am and 4 pm because the UV exposure is at its highest during this time period which can cause heat strokes and sunburns.
- Step out wearing a hat, sunglass and cover your face with a kerchief or dupatta.
- Our blood vessels tend to dilate in summer so that the body can cool itself by letting heat escape through the skin, hence, wear loose, airy, cotton summer clothes to allow your blood to circulate freely.
- Keep your body hydrated and cool with buttermilk, coolers, lemonade etc.
- Apply aloe vera gel, cool milk or yoghurt for sunburn, blisters, itching or rashes.
Summer months can be unbearable but by following the above tips, you can enjoy every bit of it without causing any harm to your body inside out.