805, Yash Aqua, above Mcdonald's, Vijay Cross Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad,
Gujarat, India - 380009
Arthritis, an unexplainable condition of one or multiple inflammatory joints, that appears in around 200 different types with different causes and treatment methods. The joints are the reason that we are able to move our body parts and if these joints become stiff and swell, means condition like Arthritis pain has conquered our body.
The scare of arthritis is that it cannot be cured completely but once you know it well, you can almost bring it to the lowest. So here’s all about Arthritis that you need to know.
What Is Arthritis?
A condition where one or more joints feel like burning suddenly with sharp shooting pain is termed as Arthritis. It is not to be underestimated considering just as a joint pain as Arthritis has the tendency to affect the joints, muscles, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, and even the internal body areas as well. Age is no bar for it to develop though generally it appears in old age.
What Are The Causes And Types Of Arthritis?
There is no major cause for Arthritis to develop. It may depend on the type of arthritis one has and there are over 200 types of identified arthritis, among which, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are the most known and common one. Like it’s the wear and tear of cartilage, the person has osteoarthritis while if there is inflammation resulting from an overactive immune system, then the person has rheumatoid arthritis
Still, possible Arthritis causes may include:
● A fatal injury, leading to degenerative arthritis
● Abnormal metabolism, leading to gout and pseudogout
● Genetic condition
● Inheritance, such as in osteoarthritis
● Infections, such as in the arthritis of Lyme disease
● Immune system dysfunction, such as in RA and SLE
● Physically demanding occupation
Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis
● Pain: Constant or untimely pain, rotating, sharp and shooting pain
● Swelling: Red, swollen and inflammatory joints
● Stiffness: Especially in the morning or after long sitting at a desk or car. In worst cases it can be persistent.
● Difficulty moving a joint: The daily activities like walking, getting up etc. becomes painful
● Loss of appetite
● Severe RA can cause joint deformity
Treatment For Arthritis
The answer to ‘how to treat arthritis?’ is still incomplete as the discomfort of arthritis can only be controlled, minimized or maintained to some extent. Also, its treatment options depend up on the type of arthritis, its location, severity, persistence, and any underlying background medical conditions present in the patient.
● Heating pads and ice packs
● Mobility assistance devices, like canes or walkers
● Medications like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Analgesics, Immunosuppressants, Menthol or capsaicin creams
● Lifestyle changes like changes in diet, practicing regular exercise or yoga, getting good sleep, staying physically active, caring for joints etc. may help to great extent
● Consultancy and pain management sessions
● Above all the best and safest natural therapy – physical therapy which can be done at the comfort of your home using electrotherapy devices.