If you have a body ache, backache, or any other type of pain, your first reaction may be to reach for pain medication. Many individuals depend on medications, but there is a chance that they could have side effects, interact with other drugs, or even be misused. While some situations could necessitate the use of prescription or over-the-counter painkillers, it’s also possible to get some of the necessary relief from a number of natural painkillers and the name is ultrasound treatment. The noninvasive treatment method of ultrasonic therapy, also known as focused ultrasound or therapeutic ultrasound, is used to reduce pain, enhance circulation, and encourage tissue healing.
Know how Ultrasound Therapy works
An electric current passes through crystals in the ultrasound probe, sometimes referred to as the ultrasound wand, to power the ultrasound machine. When the probe vibrates, waves go through the skin to the body below. In order to have the intended results, the waves convey energy to the tissues. Additionally, ultrasound can be directed at tissues far inside your body without damaging tissues near the surface.
How ultrasonic physical therapy is carried out depends on the ultrasound’s frequency and intensity, the duration of the process, and the location where it is used.
Different types of Ultrasound Therapy
Thermal and mechanical ultrasound therapy are both available.
- In thermal ultrasound therapy, the wand vibrates and heats the muscles and skin. Stretch discomfort, soft tissue pain, and other musculoskeletal problems are all treated using thermal ultrasound therapy.
- In mechanical ultrasound, also referred to as cavitation ultrasound therapy, the ultrasound waves produce pressure differences in the tissue fluids that cause bubbles to develop. These bubbles interact with solid objects, explode, and send shockwaves out in all directions.
Major uses of Ultrasound Therapy in different conditions
To penetrate soft tissues, ultrasound therapy machines use sound waves produced by a transducer head, which resembles a microphone. This might be utilized to give tissues a deep warmth, which could lessen discomfort. It can also be used to produce cavitation, which is the process of creating minuscule gas bubbles that swiftly grow and shrink. This helps break up tissues and deposits.
- Neck pain
- Chronic back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome describes recurring pain and spasms in an area of the body
- Osteoarthritis is a chronic inflammatory condition that impacts the joints
- Bone breaks
- Painful bone cancer
- Nerve pain
- Pain due to non-cancerous tumors, or abnormal growths
- Tendinitis, or when the tissue that connects the bones to the muscles becomes irritated.
- Bursitis, or when the fluid-filled sacs in the joints become inflamed.
Ultrasound therapy at home
Portable ultrasound treatment machines for home use are helpful in medical and physical procedures that use very high-frequency sound waves, above the human hearing threshold. These machines have a therapeutic impact and can reduce pain. This means you may have ultrasound therapy at your convenience, any time anywhere.
Most effective Ultrasound Therapy machines for home use
UltraCare PRO has developed a cutting-edge pain-relieving technology called Sonictens into a small, sleek device. Sonictens is the result of the merging of portable ultrasound and TENS physiotherapy equipment. Untreatable and persistent muscle or nerve-related symptoms can be treated more quickly by combining the synergistic effects of TENS and ultrasound on a painful location. Because of Sonictens technology, both acute and chronic pain can be effectively treated without the use of drugs. Sonictens is a portable gadget with an ergonomic design that comes in a kit with a carrying pouch, reusable self-adhesive electrode pads, a lead cable, an AC adaptor, one Ultracool Pack, and a NatureCure gel.
Sonictens treats a wide range of pain which includes Upper and lower back pain, Muscle Cramps, Spasms & Strains Pain from Herniated Discs, Bursitis, Piriformis Syndrome, Lumbar Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Arthritis, Tendinitis, Trapezitis, Frozen Shoulder, Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain, Leg Pain, Heel Pain, Hip Pain, Wrist Pain, Fibromyalgia, Inflammation, Plantar Fasciitis, Sciatica, Sports Pain and Cervical Spondylitis.
Features of Sonictens
- Two therapies one device: A perfect pain relieving machine with the combination of two proven treatment modalities – therapeutic ultrasound and TENS physiotherapy which has proven effective in treating a wide range of pain, discomfort, and medical conditions.
- Compact & sleek: Sonictens contains two major therapies in a device and still looks small & sleek. Its compatibility gives it an edge over other brands that can be carried anywhere. It is highly portable, easy to carry, and comes with an automatic power shut-off feature.
- Multiple therapy treatments: In ultrasound therapy, micro-vibrations within the tissues induce a deep heating sensation. While in TENS therapy, it produces gentle massaging electrical impulses that stimulate specific nerves and create a tingling sensation.
- Smart control panel: Three control modes to adjust the intensity levels from Low(L), Medium(M) to High(H), ‘TIME’ button to set your treatment time, 25 levels of TENS intensity, and Automatic Power Shut-off features are encapsulated so that you have the desired control on your device.
- Reliable & long-lasting pads: The TENS pads can be used approximately 30-40 times. These Electrode Pads are professional grade, made with the highest quality for maximum reusability. You can use it easily at any time.
The US 111 Therapeutic Ultrasound Therapy Machine is one of the most well-known advances in medical science and a non-invasive, all-natural method of treating any type of chronic muscle pain. This portable ultrasound therapy device with smart technology inside produces pulsed and continuous 1 MHz sound waves as a result of crystals vibrating within the probe’s head. These waves then penetrate the skin up to 1.6 inches (4 cm) into muscles and body tissues, causing deep heating that is typically not felt by the patient.
If used promptly and frequently, US 111 can promote muscular pain recovery in addition to lowering swelling and inflammation. The controls allow for adjusting the length of the therapy, its intensity, and its mode.
Ultrasound therapy by US 111 gives fast relief in neck pain, chronic back pain, Myofascial pain syndrome, which describes recurring pain and spasms in an area of the body, osteoarthritis, a chronic inflammatory condition that impacts the joints, bone breaks, nerve pain and pain due to non-cancerous tumors, or abnormal growths.
Features of US111
- Powerful performance: Ultrasound-enabled device which generates pulsed and continuous 1 MHz frequency sound waves that penetrate the skin up to 1.6 inches into muscles and heals the pain with deep heating.
- Handy & user-friendly: US 111 is designed in such a way that a person can use it most efficiently. This handy device is quite easy to carry and effortless in operation which doesn’t need any expert attention or guidance.
- No battery issue: With US 111, you don’t need to worry about battery availability as it works on a direct power supply. It also has an advanced protection circuit for a safe therapy.
- Ultra-precision: Developed with high precision to treat the pain fast. Its intensity and the mode of treatment can be adjusted with the controls provided on the device depending on the pain condition.
In a nutshell…
Ultrasound therapy is a non-invasive, generally painless treatment that is typically administered by a physical therapist or an occupational therapist but with Ultracare products, you can get all these benefits at home. The ultrasound machine by Ultracare Pro has been FDA approved to help treat a variety of pain conditions and has been shown to be safe.