Introduction to Chikungunya
Chikungunya is a viral disease that spreads through mosquitoes. It causes you to suddenly develop fever and extreme joint pain. Different symptoms and signs might include weakness, headache, rash, and muscle pain. That’s why UltraCare PRO is here with Chikanguniya treatment by Combo of TENS and Ultrasound Physiotherapy machine.
- Chikungunya symptoms generally show up within two to seven days after being bitten by an infected mosquito.
- No immunization exists to treat chikungunya fever, and there’s no powerful antiviral treatment either. In any case, the infection runs a limited course and infrequently poses problems. Chikungunya treatment is performed through treating individual symptoms along with rest, liquids, and drugs — like acetaminophen or paracetamol, which is used to treat mild to moderate pain, and ibuprofen, which is used to treat pain, fever, and inflammation.
- By the end of this article, you will learn more about chikungunya, the cause of chikungunya, chikungunya symptoms, methods of treatments, and an innovative method through which chikungunya can be treated at home, especially chikungunya joint pain treatment by ultrasound physiotherapy machine, and TENS physiotherapy in chikungunya.
What are the Chikungunya Causes?
Chikungunya is a viral disease that is transmitted to humans through infected mosquitoes. The cause of chikungunya is the transfer of the chikungunya virus (CHIKV) to a person from a mosquito.
It does not spread from person to person. The disease only spreads when a mosquito feeds on a person with the virus circulating in their blood and transmits it to another human through its bite.
Chikungunya virus is most often spread to people by Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, which are also known for transmitting the dengue virus.
The risk of a person transmitting the virus to another person through the bite of a mosquito through blood transfer is highest in the first week of the patient’s illness.
Chikungunya can only be diagnosed through blood tests and it is difficult to tell it apart from other mosquito-borne diseases.
Most people with chikungunya experience symptoms. The incubation period for chikungunya typically ranges from three to seven days with a projected range of one to twelve days.
Chikungunya symptoms show up after then. The symptoms of the chikungunya virus are similar in nature to those of Zika and the dengue virus. The major symptoms of chikungunya include –
- Pain across several joints in the body
- Pain on both sides of the body, sometimes too severe
Other symptoms include –
- Muscle pain in multiple parts of the body
- Maculopapular rash
Some other complications that might arise out of chikungunya are –
- Inflammation of the retina.
- Inflammation of the layer between the retina and the outer layer of the eye.
- Loss of function in cranial nerves.
- Muscle weakness is attributed to Guillain-Barré syndrome, a rare peripheral nervous system disorder.
- Inflammation of the spinal cord.
- Inflammation of the kidneys.
- Inflammation of the liver.
- Inflammation of the brain and adjoining cerebral tissue.
- Inflammation of the heart.
The people who are most susceptible to the chikungunya virus include newborn exposed children, people who are more than sixty-five years of age, and people with other medical conditions, such as any cardiovascular problem, hypertension, or diabetes.
Mortality in most cases of the chikungunya virus is rare and occurs mostly among older adults. A considerable number of patients keep experiencing joint pains ranging from months to a few years. Once a person has been infected, they are more likely to be protected from infections in the future.
There is no particular vaccine or antiviral medication that is particularly used to treat chikungunya. Doctors recommend chikungunya treatment through treatment of each symptom in the following ways –
- Usage of analgesics to treat pain and reduce fever.
- Usage of antipyretics to treat fever.
- Drinking plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
Patients recover within a week, but one-fifth experience joint pains for more than a year.
To overcome that, physiotherapy is recommended. Chikungunya joint pain treatment by ultrasound physiotherapy machine is one of the ways of physiotherapy.
TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) unit is a battery-operated portable machine that relieves your joint pain.
It works on the principle of delivering tiny electrical pulses to the nervous system, especially the brain and the spinal cord, which make up the CNS (Central Nervous System). The pulses flood the nervous system and decrease its ability to transmit pain signals to the Central Nervous System.
Benefits of Combo Ultrasound and TENS machine
TENS is a drug-free approach for instant pain relief. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, which is non-invasive (no penetration of the skin and no contact with any internal organs).
TENS physiotherapy in chikungunya works on the principle of using a TENS unit when required, and the electrical pulse that is transmitted through the TENS unit to your body will flood the Central Nervous System and decrease the transmission of pain receptors that will ease your pain.
Ultrasound therapy works on the principle of sound.
A machine generates and transmits ultrasound that causes deep heating in your body, thus promoting muscle healing. It is scientifically tested to be an excellent pain reliever.
Combo therapy stands for combination therapy. It involves the simultaneous use of a combination of ultrasound therapy and electrical stimulation therapy. SONICTENS is one such device that is a combination of TENS physiotherapy and portable ultrasound. It is brought to you by UltraCare Pro, one of the pioneers in the field of physiotherapy at home. SONICTENS combines the benefits of ultrasound therapy and TENS therapy as well.
The advantages of using SONICTENS are –
- The combination of two therapies promotes faster healing of nerve-related pains or chronic and seemingly untreatable and chronic muscle pain.
- It provides a drug-free approach that targets the root of the problem. Moreover, it is also more economical than medication in the longer run.
- SONICTENS is portable, lightweight, and can be used wherever and whenever you want, owing to its ergonomic design.
- SONICTENS is both FDA and CE approved.
Now that you know the benefits of SONICTENS, what are you waiting for? It is more cost-effective, portable, suited to your convenience, and comes with several other features. Order yours today at UltraCare Pro, because we believe that you deserve the best. We at Ultracare Pro believe not only in curing but also in providing comfort with cure.